Date sent:              Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:02:26 -0600
From:                   "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Re: FTP over SSH2

SecureNetTerm.  Take a look a www.securenetterm.com
It also supports all the most popular PKCS11 Smart Cards/tokens
including the new Sony FIU-710 fingerprint identification unit.

Ken

hi,
  Was not aware of that.. ?n for recommending to windows users
what clients for SSL-FTP are currently available that encrypt both
channels?
TIA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 01:21:50PM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> SSL FTP encrypts both the control channel and the data channel(s).
> The data channels are negotiating using SSL/TLS session caching for
> rapid connections.
>
> You can find patches to several FTP clients and daemons at Peter
> Runestig's ftp site
>
>   ftp://ftp.runestig.com/pub/
>
> C-Kermit 8.0 is a scriptable FTP client which support SSL/TLS
> security.   http://www.kermit-project.org/ck80.html
>

> > hi Dustin,
> >         Well for one it would no longer be FTP per se.. if you
> > want to offer encrypted ftp service you could say for instance
> > try some of the SSLed FTP stuff.. Try freshmeat for pointers..
> > Note that those clients that can do SSLed ftp only encrypt the
> > control port not the data port.. Since FTP decided to used 2
> > ports instead of one which i have never really understood exactly..
> > There is also as Pawel mentioned you can tunnel for instance the
> > OpenSSH where you can tunnel to the server if you want..
> > Well hope that helps you somewhat..
> > Best Regards
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Dustin,
> > >   OpenSSH has something called sftp, in sshd_config You can setup
> > > sftp_server as subsystem. But I haven't seen pure ftp over SSH.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Pawel

Support
InterSoft International, Inc.
Voice: 888-823-1541, International 281-398-7060
Fax: 888-823-1542, International 281-560-9170
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.securenetterm.com