On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:12:38AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >You could do this yourself without too much trouble. You'd just have to
> >comment out the %{SOURCE1} line in openssl.spec, and adjust
> >the ./config
> >line appropriately, and learn how to rebuild a source RPM :)
> >
> >joe
> >
> I realise I could do that (and probably will do now!). I take it that
> SOURCE1 is the hobble.openssl file?

Yup.

> I've been building rpms from source for
> quite a while now. When you have numerous RedHat boxes to administer,
> building RPMS on one to install on the others makes perfect sense. However,
> like I said it would help if the packages were made available. If not, does
> RedHat have any objections to me making them available?

No problem, though be sure you are aware of all crypto export
regulations from the UK if any apply.

The tricky thing is handling the upgrading situation, i.e. if you
install your locally modified openssl package 0.9.6 package, how do you
prevent "up2date" installing a newer 0.9.7 from the vendor?

joe