Title: [openssl-users] Preverify Password for certificate

OpenSSL Ver: 0.9.6b

        Hello all,

                I am writing an application and in my code I would like to verify that a stored password I have will work for a certificate. Is there a programatic way to do this? I would assume it's with one of the X509 methods but I cannot find any documentation on this. I could look through the openssl code but I thought I would give this out to you all before I spent the day parsing through the openssl code. So to recap I have a password in string form, and want to test it against a certificate to see if it works for that certificate. Thanks a lot.

Andrew T. Finnell
Software Engineer
eSecurity Inc
(321) 394-2485