From: Adam Hernik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 11:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [openssl-users] Preverify Password for certificate

 I am writing an application and in my code I would like to verify that a stored password I have will work for a certificate.

Certificate ? Not private key ?
 Is there a programatic way to do this?
I don't know how to do it for certificate with is unencrypted but if you need check password for
private key try PEM_read_bio_RSAPrivateKey it should return null if the password is incorrect.
Don't forget about "password_callback".
Adas.
ps. I don't like html in mail.