On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Keary Suska wrote:

> I need to have openssl 0.9.6a create dynamically shared libcrypto & libssl,
> but it won't for my system (linux-ppc). Just about every other software I
> have compiled can create .so on my system without complaining, but why can't
> openssl? I tried to modify the Configure script, which hasn't worked, but
> I'm shooting in the dark since I don't know how the pieces are finally put
> together in the makefile.
>
> There have been RPMs for my system which install .so, so it has to be
> possible. Does anyone know how to force openssl to build shared objects (gcc
> 2.9.5, elf support available)?
>
> Keary Suska
> Esoteritech, Inc.
> "Leveraging Open Source for a better Internet"

1- Start over again with a clean install, this time of openssl-0.9.6b.
2- Put your configure command in a file, so that it's documented (and
   thoroughly examined before running).
3- Capture all of your output to a file, so you can you meticuously
   examine it for errors and oddities afterwards, and so you'll have
   something to show us, so that _we_ don't have to shoot in the dark.