I'm working out the server code, but I'm testing it using openssl as the
client too. I know that client can turn the echo off, but what I want is
that, for that string, echo is taken for user!

Something like:
---
Tell me your password:
---
And client when writes the password it will not echo!

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 05:17:38PM +0000, Marcos D. Marado Torres wrote:
> > Yes, it should... But it isn't! Isn't it a problem with openssl? (The
> > client I'm using to connect...).
>
> What is the client? In your original mail you are claiming to be working
> on the server side.
> Turning off the echo on the client must be done by the client.
> ("stty" for the commandline tool, or "termio"/"termios" for the
> programming interface.)
> Of course, the client software must handle the control sequences sent
> by the server. (Or the terminal emulator used has an "echo off" control
> sequence, that is being directly being honored.)
>
> Best regards,
>       Lutz

 Marcos Marado AKA Mind Booster
         Visit Mind Booster NetWorks on: http://mindbooster.cjb.net