I am adding TLS support to one of our servers, and for some legacy reasons
i need to share the main SSL pointer across several threads. in the
dispatcher thread i use SSL_dup and then allow the worker threads to
free the dup'ed SSL object when it is done...

however, SSL_write's on the dup'ed object fail (null pointer write). a bit
of investigation using VCd reveals that the problem s3_pkt.c, function
do_ssl_write
the s->s3 object's write buffer is null...

am i missing something or is there a better way to share SSL connections
across threads? any help is appreciated.