--On Friday, January 11, 2002 3:23 PM +0100 Lutz Jaenicke
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Just switched from 0.9.6 to 0.9.6c on Win32. The same server code worked
>> fine when it came to re-using SSL sessions with 0.9.6. Now, with 0.9.6c,
>> it's no longer capable of re-using. I'm linking dynamically to the lib
>> DLLs and simply swapping old for new (and vice versa) makes re-use stop
>> working (and work again when putting the old libs back). Ie. the only
>> change here are the libs, not the server or client code.
>>
>> I'm using SSL_session_reused() after SSL_accept() to find out if a
>> session was re-used or not. It's set up for re-use through
>> SSL_CTX_set_session_id_context().
>>
>> Did anything change with regard to being able to re-use SSL sessions in
>> 0.9.6c? Library bug?
>
> I don't think so. If memory serves me right, 0.9.6 and 0.9.6c are not
> binary compatible, so you have to recompile your application.
>       Lutz

Thanks for your reply Lutz!
However, as mentioned in my original posting I'm not linking statically to
the libs. I'm using the DLL versions and loading them dynamically at
run-time. By simply swapping out the DLLs from 0.9.6 to 0.9.6c SSL
connection re-use goes from working (in 0.9.6) to not working (in 0.9.6c).
Exact same server code that's using the DLLs in both cases.

        Rob
        -/-

        Serv-U Author & Manager
        Cat Soft, LLC

-- This message was entirely written using recycled electrons --
       All about FTP Serv-U v3.1: http://www.Serv-U.com