--On Sunday, January 13, 2002 7:06 PM +0100 Lutz Jaenicke
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 09:59:20AM -0500, Rob Beckers wrote:
>> Either way, even when re-compiling the server using the header files of
>> 0.9.6c (that being the only thing of the SSL libs I use as far as the
>> server code is concerned) it's still showing SSL session re-use not
>> working. Drop back the 0.9.6 DLLs and, voila, re-use is working again...
>
> Problem acknowledged. I don't know, what is going on, but my Postfix/TLS
> setup on my servers stopped using session caching, too.
> (I am using external caching and it seems, that the callback to write
> session data to the external storage is not called any longer. So far I
> don't know, in how far the internal cache is affected.)
> My time is currently very limited and I cannot make any promise on
> when I will be able to track the problem down. It may become Tuesday
> or Wednesday...
>
> Best regards,
>       Lutz

Thanks Lutz!
I really appreciate the time you're spending on this!

I'm glad you can reproduce the problem, that's half the battle. I'm using
OpenSSL's internal cache (single threaded program using async sockets, so
no need for external cache), and as stated it's not re-using.

There's no particular hurry to get this fixed on my side. The product this
is going in to is due for release in February, so that's still several
weeks (at least, as usualy with software projects this one is a bit behind
schedule). Just getting it fixed would be good since full SSL handshakes
are so hard on the server and really hurt performance...

        Rob
        -/-

        Serv-U Author & Manager
        Cat Soft, LLC

-- This message was entirely written using recycled electrons --
       All about FTP Serv-U v3.1: http://www.Serv-U.com