On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:47:58 -0600, Scott Frazor wrote:

>I tried looking at the RFC and it was not what I was looking for.  I think
>now that I have read a couple of responses to my original question I am
>specificaly looking for how to impliment a POST through OpenSSL's API and
>receive the response back.  I have written several different implimentations
>of Clients and Servers using OpenSSL and sockets, but I'm missing the
>picture on HTTPS somehow.

>>Can anyone give me a rough idea on how to prepare and send a https POST via
>>openssl?  I know how to open a socket and connect SSL, but I'm missing
>>something when it comes to sending a HTTPS POST and RECEIVING the response.
>>I'm not sure if I'm asking the question right.  Any ideas?

        I'm not sure I understand what your issue is. HTTPS is HTTP over SSL. You
send a post and receive the response exactly the same way you do in regular
HTTP except that you connect to the server on an HTTPS port and you use SSL
instead of straight TCP.

        If I understand your question correctly, you need to look at the HTTP
specification It tells you how to send a POST and how to get the reply back.
And it works the same way regardless of what transport you use to talk to the
web server.

        DS