Hi Rob,

I'm not sure if this matters anymore, but I was able to create shared
libraries on HP-UX with openssl version 0.9.6c.

Creating a shared library on HP-UX 11.00 is a two step process.  First, all
of the object files must be collected into a single relocatable object.

/usr/ccs/bin/ld -r -o <single relocatable object> *.o

Second, the shared library is created from that relocatable object.

/usr/ccs/bin/ld -b -o <libname> <single relocatable object>

One thing to note, when building the crypto shared library, you can't use
the pa-risc2.o created in crypto/bn/asm.  The object file created from the
pa-risc2.s is not relocatable no matter if +Z is used when compiling it or
not.

So, you must compile crypto/bn/bn_asm.c into a relocatable object file and
use it instead.

I hope that is helpful.

Thanks,
Chad Elliott