Hi,

I'm trying to use the openssl libraries to decrypt text encrypted using
perl's Crypt::DES module without success. After failing using CBC, I've
switched to a simple 8 byte block encrypted with des_ecb_encrypt and this
still produces different cipher text. Which presumably means the problem
lies with the key ? I take a hardcoded 8 byte key and use des_string_to_key
and then create a des_key_sched prior to doing the encryption.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any experience of using perl / openssl
together just for DES as opposed to complete SSL communication ?

thanks
Nick Roberts