On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
> To be precise: according to the OpenSSL license every program that uses
> the library and advertises its SSL capabilities also must advertise the
> use of OpenSSL.

Actually this is a problem -- it means you can't link OpenSSL libraries
with any GPLed code which you intend to distribute.  I'm facing the
necessity of having to use the not-quite-ready-for-prime-time GNUtls
package instead of OpenSSL for a project I'm contemplating, because it
builds on an application licensed under the GPL.  (And I have no idea how
hard it's going to be to get *both* compatibly installed on one box.)

IIRC the Ethereal folk have also run up against this problem.

I'm not asking for anything at this time; I just wanted to provide a
couple of data points.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MS Windows *is* user-friendly, but only for certain values of "user".