Hi there,
        I have a site which is reporting the https connection as 40-bit
with some browsers and 128-bit with other browsers. I am aware that
Microsoft uses a proprietary mechanism to step up a connection to 128
from 40 bit if the browser can handle it, but Netscape also indicates it
is 128. We paid for a 40-bit certificate, so we are unsure as to why it
would report as 128 bit in any circumstance.

Thanks
Stuart