Hi,

        We have an existing application that uses OpenSSL for
authentication and encryption between two of our custom built
applications. We have this already deployed and one of our customers has
asked if they can use a Hardware based Token + PKI Server to
authenticate these applications. I was curious if there is anyway to do
this without changing our application. Currently out application reads
the CA + cert/key from the filesystem from three separate pem files. I
was hoping there might be some way to have a process run that would fake
these files and then really obtain the cert from a PKI server and the
key from the Token ( That is how tokens work right? If not than please
enlighten me). Basically they want to stick there token in and has the
processes authenticate and take the token out and have them fail. I was
also wondering if there might be a PKI solution that could write out PEM
files upon acceptance of a token so that our application can still read
files. The end goal is to not change our application now but to offer
something as a 'workaround' until we integrate other PKI solutions into
our product. Thank you for any help.

-
Andrew T. Finnell
Active Solutions L.L.C