On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 01:30:47PM -0600, Joel Daniels wrote:
> When an SSL_write() operation has to be repeated because of
> SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ or SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE, it must be repeated with the
> same arguments.
>
> Are there any ways to get around this?

No.

> Here is an example of where this might be a problem:
> Supposing I attempted to write the time of day to an SSL stream, but failed
> with the error SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE.  Later on I discover that I can write,
> but by this time the time of day has changed by one second.  What am I to
> do?

If the SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE state occurs, a number of bytes or all bytes
from your call to SSL_write() may already have been processed, but the
record(s) to be sent to the network obviously didn't fit into the
buffer of the underlying OS.
There is no way for the application to know, what the actual state of the
processing is, hence there is no way to reliably modify the data to be
sent without messing up everything.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/