Try again and use openssl-0.9.6b...This may help

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Botto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Graham
Subject: Install Problems with OpenSSL 0.9.6d and Apache 1.3.26

Hello all. I'm new to all of this stuff, and am desparately in need of some
help.
Here's the deal:

I'm installing Apache 1.3.26, OpenSSL 0.9.6d, PHP 4.2.1, MySQL 3.23, mod_ssl
2.8.10, etc
on a Red Hat v7.2 box. Now, everything installs and compiles properly
(without errors), yet SSL is not working.

When I do an nmap localhost, it says that Apache is listening on 80 and 443.
But, trying
to go to https://servername gives a "Cannot Find Server". Also, Apache
doesn't write anything
to the error_log or access_log about those attempted accesses, nor does
anything show up in
the ssl_engine logs.

A list of all the commands I executed are here:
http://iras.reserv.usf.edu/dox.txt

Can someone help? =)

-Joe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]