Hi,

        I am a newbie to security and SSL.. but thought this could help.. ( I am
not sure if I am answering your question)
        RSA_blinding_on() takes care of the attack which measures the encryption
and decryption time taken by RSA.

hope this will be of some help,
Manish

>Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Shalendra Chhabra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: an advise
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Just a short piece of information will help me in my
>student life
>
>Paul kocher had discovered Timing analysis attack on
>Implementations of Public Key Cryptosystems like
>Diffie Hellman , RSA etc
>and also Paul was one of the designer of SSL 3.0
>specifictations
>
>I just wanted to ask this:
>"when Paul had designed SSL 3.0 Spec, was  the attack
>taken into account?"
>In short please help me reaching the conclusion that
>
>"Is SSL 3.0/TLS susceptible to Pauls Timing Analysis
>Attack"???
>
>Please Reply@Earliest
>Thanks
>Shalendra

>Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Manish Chablani ([EMAIL PROTECTED]),
Graduate Student,
Computer Science Department,
Indiana University