Michael Sierchio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I didn't mean to claim that no one would ever mount such an attack --
> just that there are enormous practical difficulties to getting any
> timing results via SSL session key creation.

Not really. The bad scenario is someone breaking in to a poorly
secured host on the same wire as the system being attacked or near to
it -- there's often something you can find. From there, try
constructing a large number of connections -- hundreds of thousands of
connections would be be ignored down in the noise on some valuable
sites if you spend enough time at it. Some statistical magic, and
you suddenly have a leg up on a valuable private key.

Perry