Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.  You're absolutely right.  It
does appear that I am not blocked indefinitely...it
certainly does take a while to gather entropy.  I was
using nBytes = 1024.  Then I tried 512.  Still very
long time.

Any suggestions on what a number should be for
acceptable randomness?

Does anybody have any alternative suggestions?  Does
anybody know how Apache seeds the OpenSSL PRNG on
Windows?  I think Apache uses OpenSSL don't they?

Thanks,
Ed

--- "Stephen G. Schoggen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]