On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:35:47AM +0100, Karl-Michael Werzowa wrote:
> letters, etc. (If you use an Ö or Ä it may be easy, but what about
> hungarian, slovak, croatian characters? How to type these? Do you know the
> possible transcripts?)
> The best way seems to be to have an ascii transcript and the full BMPString
> in LDAP and certificates.

Don't get me started! :-)

As it is, we're talking about Microsoft Active Directory LDAP here - so I
need to find out just what that is from a charset point of view. I mean, M$
make a big thing over Unicode - but the LDAP data certainly isn't Unicode.

In fact, from what I can find off Google, LDAP (include AD) uses ISO-10646 -
which is a superset of Unicode. Apparently all standard ASCII chars stay the
same, and the rest are converted into the double-byte Unicode. However, I'm
definitely getting ASCII-8bit chars out of LDAP - so I don't know what the
hell's going on :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417