You can't use virtual hosts on apache with https.

Each host must have its own IP address, that's what I learnt from the doc... May be it is fixed somehow...

So assign multiple IP addresses to your network card. it is quite easy under Linux...

Please feel free to contribute to the HOWTO.

Cheers.
Franck

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 17:19, Theodor Isporidi wrote:
I know, but my search didn't turn up anything useful. I probably used
the wrong keywords.

> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/SSL-Cert
> ficates-HOWTO.pdf

Thanks a lot, that document was just what I needed! I have my
certificates now.

But Apache is still giving me some headaches. Perhaps you could give me
a hand here too?
Localhost, localhost2, localhost3 and localhost4 point to 127.0.0.1
(done with the hosts file).

What I think this should do is serve localhost, localhost2 and
localhost3 only via http and localhost4 only via https. But that
doesn't work. I can access all 4 via http and https on Netscape 4.79.
With IE 6.0 SP1 I can access all 4 via http but none at all via https.
What is wrong there?

Bye !