-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of steve thornton
Sent: 26 June 2003 11:07
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Problem with X509_set_verify()

I think I've found the problem (in my code) but will take a while to make
sure.

As far as "horrible crash" goes - it freezes in mid handshake (as the verify
callback explodes), and causes the real-time embedded kernel to lock up all
its signal queues, causing the whole (very complex) system to gradually
nosedive into deadlock. The display device goes crazy foe while as it
twitches in its death throes. After a while I get an auto reset. This of
course has nothing to do with OpenSSL.

cheers

Steve