You are correct on this one.  It is a matter of responsibility.  If the only answer is to drop from the list, then I think I will be forced to do so as well.

The other thing that concerns me amongst the computer professional who just shout out "get anti-spam/anti-virus software".   Is this the kind of right thinking going on in computer science these days?
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Frank
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 8:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Dodgy "Microsoft fix" emails

To stop getting all these is it as simple as unregistering from the openssl mailing list?  If that's so then I will do it. And the owner of this list IMHO without filtering these might as well just shut it down if they can't do anything about it given their OS limitations. Because this is totally unaccepatbel and unusamble when you get 500+ a day.  And I'm on a few lists and have never had this happen before

Wayne Rasmussen wrote:
Is there some legal responsibility of mailing lists owner to prevent this?