Let's see, I got out of the Navy in 1985 and went to work for Symbolics Inc.

If you look at Hobbes' Internet Timeline:

1985
Symbolics.com is assigned on 15 March to become the first registered domain.
Other firsts: cmu.edu, purdue.edu, rice.edu, berkeley.edu, ucla.edu,
rutgers.edu, bbn.com (24 Apr); mit.edu (23 May); think.com (24 may); css.gov
(June); mitre.org, .uk (July)

Righ back at you.  When did you get on the net?

Step up.