Lee Dilkie wrote:

Mine works fine.

I have multiple "E=" fields in the subject attribute. I use the same
certificate from several accounts.

(This message is signed so you can take a look for yourself).

Also, this isn't openssl generated but I see no reason why that would
matter.

IMHO if you want to use multiple email addresses within the same certificate you should use multiple subjectAltName extensions. This ensures usability with available clients (i.e. Mozilla, Thunderbird, etc... ). I guess you are able to use the certificate because the same addresses are also reported in the subjectAltName extension.

Multiple emailAddress, anyway, within the DN should be avoided as this
format is against the standard and does not add any value over the subjAltName
extension usage :-D

--

C'you,

Massimiliano Pala

--o-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Massimiliano Pala [OpenCA Project Manager]                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                 Tel.:   +39 (0)59  270  094
http://www.openca.org                            Fax:    +39   178  270 2077
http://openca.sourceforge.net                    Mobile: +39 (0)347 7222 365

University of Modena and Reggio Emilia