In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:58:29 +0100, "Giovanni Calzuola"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

giovanni.calzuola> I'd like to use 2 or more engines without using the
giovanni.calzuola> functions ENGINE_set_default, due to problems of
giovanni.calzuola> concurrency. I want to sign with a hardware key,
giovanni.calzuola> while using software keys for SSL.
giovanni.calzuola> How can I do this?

Hmm, we don't have separation of operations with the ENGINE framework,
just separation of algorithm.  You *could* hack an engine that loads
another engine, but creates methods of it's own where some functions
come from the other engine it loaded and other are OpenSSL-native.
That's quite a hack, but I think it's doable.

Now, for the separation between SSL and "signing", do you know that
there's a little bit of signing going on in SSL as well?

-----

Richard Levitte   \ Tunnlandsvägen 52 \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  \ S-168 36  BROMMA  \ T: +46-708-26 53 44
                    \      SWEDEN       \
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.