In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:57:40 -0700 (PDT), Mike Ryerse
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

mikeryerse> I have a question about your reponse:
mikeryerse> If php is finding /usr/local/ssl/include/evp.h but using
mikeryerse> /lib/libssl.so instead of /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so,
mikeryerse> how do I link php to the correct lib?

When linking, you should have the following arguments:

        -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto

You should check that the relevant PHP build uses that.

Also, a case I didn't think of: the process that starts apache should
have the following line somewhere:

        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/ssl/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

mikeryerse> I thought about moving/renaming /lib/libssl.so, but since
mikeryerse> it seems to be linked to /lib/libssl.so.x.y.z, I am
mikeryerse> concerned that there may be other applications dependant
mikeryerse> on it, and I am not sure how to check what applications
mikeryerse> are using this file.

It was probably a smart move to leave it be.

-----

Richard Levitte   \ Tunnlandsvägen 52 \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  \ S-168 36  BROMMA  \ T: +46-708-26 53 44
                    \      SWEDEN       \
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.