-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard Levitte - VMS
Whacker
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 4:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OpenSSL 0.9.7d WIN - IA64 port

In message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mcast.net> on Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:41:29 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

d.mclellan> Hi:  I'm now investigating build OpenSSL -0.9.7d on a WIN
d.mclellan> IA64 architecture machine.  Has anyone had any experience
d.mclellan> with this, or is there any active work in progress to
d.mclellan> support WIN IA64 platforms? d.mclellan> Thanks very much.

The absolutely biggest problem is that size_t is 64 bits while unsigned long
is 32 bits.  This leads to a ton of warnings/errors concerning size
differences when OpenSSL uses unsigned long, unsigned int or int for things
that should really be size_t.

There's a branch where work on this is done, although very slowly (at least
for the moment).  If I didn't have to spend time chasing down finances to
survive, that would be one of those things I'd work on, as it also concerns
a favorite O/S of mine, VMS.

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/