On Sat, Sep 18, 2004, Antonio Ruiz Martínez wrote:

> Hello!
>
>    I have a PKCS#7 that I can't parse with Openssl, I've tried to parse
> it with other libraries such as IAIK and CAPICOM and it works, but with
> Openssl after executing d2i_PKCS7, when I am doing PKCS7_dataInit, it
> crashes. I don't know if there is a bug or the PKCS#7 created the other
> library is not correct.
> I have checked the structure with openssl asn1parse and it parses it
> correctly but it doesn't work with openssl pkcs7.

Presumably d2i_PKCS7() returns NULL indicating a parsing error and you didn't
check for that?

The structure from the other library is malformed: it contains an illegal
garbage EOC tagged onto the end, and you can't jut delete it because the
lengths wouldn't match.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.