Hello!

Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
On Sat, Sep 18, 2004, Antonio Ruiz Martínez wrote:

Hello!

   I have a PKCS#7 that I can't parse with Openssl, I've tried to parse
it with other libraries such as IAIK and CAPICOM and it works, but with
Openssl after executing d2i_PKCS7, when I am doing PKCS7_dataInit, it
crashes. I don't know if there is a bug or the PKCS#7 created the other
library is not correct.
I have checked the structure with openssl asn1parse and it parses it
correctly but it doesn't work with openssl pkcs7.

Presumably d2i_PKCS7() returns NULL indicating a parsing error and you didn't
check for that?

I'll check it, it may be
The structure from the other library is malformed: it contains an illegal
garbage EOC tagged onto the end, and you can't jut delete it because the
lengths wouldn't match.

Thanks for your explanation of this question,
I can understand that the asn.1 structure is bad built in spite of not knowing what the garbage EOC tagged is, but this is not important, I'll see in an asn.1 manual ;)
Regards,
Antonio.