In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:51:36 +0200, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

andrea> one silly question: if I generate a request with
andrea>
andrea> openssl req -new -keyout mykey.pem -out myreq.pem 265
andrea>
andrea> the private key in mykey.pem is encrypted or not?

It's encrypted.  The following command creates a non-encrypted key:

        openssl req -new -nodes -keyout mykey.pem -out myreq.pem 265

You can also create an unencrypted copy of the key, like this:

        openssl rsa -in mykey.pem -out mykey-unencrypted.pem

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis