David: have had another read of your message of 1/4 and realize
I was talking about something different than what you were
talking about, hence my confusion.  Cannot put my hands on my
copy of that Scientific American article, but what you describe
at the end of your article seems much stronger than what I
remember it proposing.  I think it actually talked about Quantum
Key Transmission or something like that?

Perhaps I was operating on the basis of an oversimplification?

--
"An Internet-connected Windows machine is tantamount to
 a toddler carrying a baggie of $100 bills down a city street..."

Charles B (Ben) Cranston
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~zben