Edward Chan wrote:

Hi there,

Just wondering what people typically use to seed the PRNG on Windows. On linux, there is /dev/random. But there is no such device for Windows. I've heard of EGADS, but when I installed the EGADS service, I found it to be a huge memory hog. Are there any other options? Note that I can't really use anything that depends on mouse and cursor movements since my app is run on a server.

Ed

On Windows the PRNG is automatically seeded using the RNG provided by MS Crypto API. For more Infos please search the archives... ;)

Ted
;)