> The most intriguing part is when I was writing this server, I
> developed a small client just to test connectivity. That client
> succeeds. However, when doing live testing not a single connection was
> accepted from outside. The test client was run on the same host. I
> obtained network traffic using "ssldump"
> (http://www.rtfm.com/ssldump/). Its dump is given below for a single
> connection.

        I don't understand exactly what you're saying here. When you say "live
testing", what do you mean? What is different between the case that works
and the case that doesn't work?

        Does the exact same client software work on the same host and not on
another host? Or is there a different client program that doesn't work under
any cases?

        DS