I am using BIO_set_fd to set the file descriptor of a BIO created by BIO_new_connect to the socket of an existing SOCKS connection. This seems to work fine, "lsof -i" reports that indeed I am connected to the proxy. However, I want to be sure that my ip address is not embedded in the SSL connection in any way!!! Can anyone assure me of this? What is BIO_set_fd supposed to do? What is the behavior of openSSL when BIO_set_fd is used with an existing connection. Does BIO_do_connect not open a TCP connection if one already exists? Is the ip address of the client never used in the SSLv2/3/TLS protocol?

                - Peter