Bibbs, Christopher wrote:
From: Michael D'Errico

You can try using RAND_poll() instead.  It tries
several things to gather random data.  I believe
that this is called automatically for you anyway.

If it is, it is failing because I'm getting failure to seed the PRNG errors
on my test systems that don't have /dev/random.

I use the following on Windows: if(RAND_status() == 0) RAND_screen();

But I've never experienced on WinXP that RAND_status was 0.
(I can't tell if that is also the case on other Win versions, so therefor I use this construction.)

The rand seeding seems to be so common a question that it seems strange that it is not better addressed in the faq.

Best regards
Egon Andersen