Good Morning, all -

We are developing an application under openssl-0.9.7, and have had varying succses. Most of the problems we've been able to overcome, but we're kindof stumped on an element here.

We're currently using the following to read a key from disk and use it in our application:

SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file(my_ssl_ctx_save,"./SSL/pubcert.pem",SSL_FILETYPE_PEM);
SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(my_ssl_ctx_save,"./SSL/privkey.pem",SSL_FILETYPE_PEM);

This works, however, this method is extremely slow in our multi-threaded enviornment due to disk I/O. I was wondering if there was an alternate function that would read the data in the file stored in memory, useable by a function similar to SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file(), so that the application will not slow down due to disk I/O. I don't believe that this is possible with the current function because the file argument is of type const char *file.

What about using an mmap()?

I'm not a programmer, just an information whore, which is why I'm asking you guys if you've ever done anything like this, and how you overcame this problem. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, and as I eat my lunch, I will think of you guys.

Thanks again for your time
-dant