Victor,

> > $ openssl smime -verify -inform PEM -in signature.pk7 -CAfile
> > development_cm.pem  -content content.txt

> Yes, CR/LF can be a problem. Many MTA feel free to convert eol from
> CR/LF to LF and vice versa.

Yeah, but I am not using an MTA, I am signing the data in FireFox
browser and storing the resultant base64 encoded data in a database.

> Try to play with -text and -crlfeol options of openssl smime.

Does not seem to make any difference.

> For us there was more problems with generation of S/MIME messages which pass
> all the mail servers on the way to recipient.

Yeah, I have seen that too.

I can't believe other people have not seen this problem before, i.e.
signing on the client browser and verifying on the server using
OpenSSL !

Chris...