Stephen Cleary wrote:
The command I used to build libcrypto.a and libssl.a is:
 ./Configure mingw 386 no-threads no-zlib no-shared no-hw no-ssl
I also noted that I could not disable MD5, IDEA, or the ENGINE. In fact, a lot (most?) of the "no-" prefixes just don't work; I get compile errors when building the libraries.

Just as a test, I have tried configuring with the above line and "no-idea" against the released 0.9.7g tarball, the developer 0.9.7g snapshot (openssl-r-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20050701.tar.gz), and the developer 0.9.8 "stable" (?) snapshot (openssl-0.9.8-stable-SNAP-20050701.tar.gz). But the "no-idea" causes a failure every time (except with the 0.9.8, which complains about MDC2

where does it fail (error message) ? I just did a quick test with
"./config no-threads no-zlib no-shared no-hw no-ssl no-idea" in
0.9.8 and "make depend all test" seems to work (on my linux box).

being disabled), leaving me with a partial libcrypto and no libssl at all. I just have "no idea"...

So, the question is: where do I go from here? Are the no-* options going to be supported in the future (they're not that well documented),

I would consider it a bug (note: something like "no-md5" or "no-idea"
is more problematic as they are used internally but afaik should the
above work).

Nils