Hi guys,
I had to look in-depth the ocsp stuff of openssl and some
questions arise. Well, in ocsp.c I don't get why after
trying OCSP_basic_verify(bs, verify_other, store,
verify_flags) and the result is negative openssl ties to
verify the signer's certificate again, but without the
stack of certs (which to be verified) and all flags set to
zero. I really don't understand this piece of code :(

Another question bothering me what is written in the ocsp
documentation. This is done when all other verification
checks failed:
"
Otherwise the root CA of the OCSP responders CA is checked
to see if it is trusted for OCSP signing. If it is the OCSP
verify succeeds.
"

My question is whether this check is openssl-specific or is
RFC-based, because I've been searching for it  in RFC2560
with no success.

Any comments are welcomed :)
Stefan

Всички говорят безплатно.
Каквото изговориш до 6-ти януари, се презарежда по твоята vivatel сметка на
7-ми януари.
http://www.vivatel.bg/