On Fri, Dec 30, 2005, Kyle Hamilton wrote:

> Now, I am aware that a "man-in-the-middle" attack exists, whereby a
> malicious third party (Mallory) could accept a connection and
> negotiate an unauthenticated-but-encrypted channel, and receive the
> certificate information that I don't want to be eavesdroppable.
> However, accepting a connection and negotiating a UbE channel require
> action on Mallory's part, and that means an active attempt to
> fraudulently obtain information that the protocol is attempting to
> protect.

If you don't want the server's certificate to be eavesdroppable that's tricky
because an attacker could simply connect to the server using (in this example)
anon-DH and drop the connection after it has received the server's certificate
during the renegotiation.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.