On Thu, Feb 16, 2006, Chris wrote:

> On 2/16/06, Dr. Stephen Henson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Its a password based encryption (PBE) algorithm. Probably 40 bit RC2
> > and/or
> > 3DES using the PKCS#12 key derivation algorihtm.
> >
> > Try calling PKCS12_PBE_add().
> >
> > Steve.
>

> Thanks!   That did the trick.  I wish all these "_add()" functions were
> listed somewhere or at least listed in the relevant sections of the
> documentation.  I spent much time looking through evp.h and other headers
> trying to find something that made sense and the whole time all I needed was
> PKCS12_PBE_add().

It is documented in doc/openssl.txt and that file is referred to in the FAQ...

http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#MISC2

At some point I'll tidy that up and place it in an appropriate manual page or
better still tidy up the PBE API and document the tidied version...

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.