Venkata Sairam wrote:
----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of jimmy
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 6:20 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: 9.8a Debug version

Venkata Sairam wrote:
Hi

I am encountering certain problems when building it for 9.8a. I am
currently
able to get only about 30 pdb files for the 9.8a debug version. I believe
it
is not the complete set as I am not able to perform any debug operations
in
the openssl code.

Can anyone who has build the debug version for 9.8a please post all the
files needed to debug?

Thanks.

-Venkata

Do you mean you are not able to debug the openssl.exe or the openssl
library generated?
Could you give more information on what you did to include debug info?
If it's the openssl.exe maybe you haven't included /DEBUG option with
the link options or you can try using /Z7 for builtin debug info rather
than the /Zi.

Does this help?

-jb
I am not able to debug the library generated. As mentioned in the
INSTALL.W32 I have
'add 'debug'  to the mk1mf.pl lines in the do_* batch file then debugging
symbols will be
 compiled in. '

I am using do_nt.bat. I have obtained the out32dll.dbg folder with 30
*.pdb
files and 2 *.dll without any errors during creation. I use these pdb
files
with my applications but I am not able to browse inside the openssl codes.

Am I missing something?

-Venkata

Well i've never used the mk1mf.pl with debug added (somehow i haven't
managed to get it work for me :-)

after i run do_nt.bat, i add /Z7 to CFLAG (also remove the /O* flags)
and add /DEBUG to LFLAGS in ms/nt.mak (or ms/ntdll.mak). Then linking
with the libs does it fr me.

if this doesn't work maybe someone else maybe able to guide you better.

-jb

I tried to add the flags as you had specified, but I am still not able to
debug inside openssl from my application. I didn't get any errors from
openssl either during the creation of debug dll.

Can you let me know the number of *.pdb files that has been generated for
you by this process? I am wondering symbols information (missing *.pdb
files) is not found in my case. I had obtained 28 *.pdb files when I
generated as you had mentioned. In the initial method (by adding debug to
*.pl) I obtained 30 *.pdb files.

My process works for the 9.7e debug version and I had obtained 33 *.pdb
files. I am able to debug inside openssl from my application for 9.7e
version.

Please help.

Regards,
Venkata
I have 28 *.pdb in my out32/ directory. With /Z7 i think the pdb aren't supposed to matter. Does it give you some error when you try to debug?

-jb