If it's exported as a DER file, it's already in an X509 structure.  If
it's exported as a PKCS#12 file, then OpenSSL has tools for parsing
that too.  I don't really understand what your problem is.

MS's cryptography system is built around the concept of FIPS
compliance.  That means that it's almost impossible to get the
certificates and keys out of it without going through its defined
interfaces.  This means, on windows 2000+, using certmgr.msc to manage
them and export them to DER or P12.

-Kyle H