 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To: openssl-users@openssl.org
 Sent: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 1:20 PM
 Subject: Basic OpenSSL Question

 I am considering OpenSSL for a project and needed some quick info.

 Does the OpenSSL crypto library support AES? Which modes? From the
 on-line documentation on the website this does not appear to be the
 case (http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/crypto.html), but
of course
 typing "openssl ciphers" returns results including various forms of
 AES. But I wasn't sure if this reflected support in the library itself
 when not used for SSL/TLS. If the OpenSSL crypto library does not
 support AES, any suggestions for similarly licensed libraries that do?

 Can anybody provider a pointer to example code, etc., on using the
 OpenSSL crypto library? good books on the subject?

 Regards,

 Richard M. Conlan
 Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]