-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dr. Stephen Henson
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 15:04
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL with Windows subordinates

Yes the signing command is incorrect. By default the certificate is an
end entity certificate for OpenSSL not a CA certificate.

Try the command line switch: -extensions v3_ca

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. Email, S/MIME and PGP keys: see homepage OpenSSL
project core developer and freelance consultant.