> Can any please tell me how to configure/compile FIPS on VC6?
> I am failed to do the configuration.

> C:\openssl-fips-1.1.1\openssl-fips-1.1.1>perl Configure VC-WIN32 fips
[snip]
> What have I done wrong?

You are showing the commands used to build a FIPS capable OpenSSL, not the
commands to build the FIPS canister itself. Are you trying to build a FIPS
canister or a FIPS capable OpenSSL? If the former, those are the wrong
commands. The security policy specifies the commands as:

./config fips
make
make install

No other commands may be used to build the FIPS canister. You need MingW and
MSYS.

Once you have built the FIPS canister files (such as fipscanister.o and
fips_premain.c) you can build an OpenSSL capable FIPS, but you would use an
OpenSSL distribution to do that, such as openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20070222
(there's an obvious missing parenthesis you'll need to fix). That would use
commands like those you pasted (except you'll need a '--with-fisplibdir'
option).

I strongly recommend reading the OpenSSL FIPS security policy and FIPS user
guide.

DS