On Friday 30 March 2007 22:41, David Schwartz wrote:
> > > Call SSL_write with the same parameters until it succeeds.  You need
> > > to handle WANT_READ and WANT_WRITE return values.
> >
> > I guess that is clear enough.
> > but does that imply if I call
> > SSL_write(ssl, buffer, len),
> > it will ONLY return   len
> > or <0 ?
> > I mean if it returns len/2 (sent only half the buffer)
> > will I have to keep track of that myself or will it only return
> >
> > call #1: 0 - want write
> > call #2: 0 - want write
> > call #3: 0 - want write
> > call #4: len - everything done
> >
> > I find the docs a bit unclear on that.
> > I'm as I already stated, on non blocking sockets.
>
> A partial write is a form of success. Once the operation succeeds, there is
> no need to repeat it. You may, of course, want to write the rest of the
> data that didn't get sent, but that would be an entirely new operation as
> far as OpenSSL is concerned.

I see, so if I disable PARTIAL_WRITES, will that mean that it will return
values as I wrote up there?
Otherwise I fail to see the difference between allowin partial writes and not.
Furthermore, that would mean that I should actually call SSL_write with new
arguments on the same packet.

SSL_write(ssl,  buffer + written, len - written);

or am I being retarded here ?

Thanks
/Tommy