On 2007.06.01 at 07:35:37 -0700, gary clark wrote:

> Hey Simon,
>
> I pushed the MSVCR71.dll into windows system32
> directory. I am building the application with code
> Generation /MD. I then ran the client application

If you use /MD you might need debug version of dll.
MSVCR71D.DLL. And this is if your OpenSSL dll compiled
with Visual Studio 2003. Visual Studio 2005 uses MSVCR80.DLL and
MSVCR80D.DLL.

> again. It then gave me the "failed to start the
> application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling
> the application again may fix this problem".

Typically (I don't remember exactly which versions of Windows behave
such way), if problem is with missing dll, message would say

"Couldn't find application or some of it's comonenents", or even mention
name of missing DLL.

Check the Acess control list - DLLs should have "Read & Execute"
privilege for invoking user.